"We Do Things The Competition Can't ...ln Ways They Won't "
Under a Strong
Our current focus is to make each business unit "the best that it can be." That means we must be much more effective than our competition at:
- Achieving "Best-In-Class" safety results - not only on the road, but also within each one of our facilities.
- Attracting, developing and retaining the best people in every position throughout every business unit.
- Becoming a preferred provider for agents, owner-operators and selected thirdparty carriers.
- Delivering the highest levels of service and differentiated solutions for our customers.
- Promoting the highest possible standard for ethical and social responsibility.
- Leveraging our "asset-light" business model to achieve the highest possible growth rates and return on our investments.
- The key to our long-term success is to work closely as a team in order to create unique, integrated solutions at an increasing rate over time.
15 years ago, KSC Transportation, Inc was formed in rural Oklahoma as a hotshot
service for local customers with both flatbed and expedited freight. As fuel
prices started to increase we noticed a flux in the full size truck drivers
beginning to shift to a smaller truck for fuel efficiency. Many companies also
noticed that lightweight freight was less expensive to ship via hotshot rather
than full size flatbed. With an increasing number of drivers and customers, KSC
teamed with GreatWide Logistics Services Cheetah Transportation Division early 2006
Headquartered in Mooresville, NC, Cheetah Transportation LLC was established in
1985 as a network of agents providing flatbed services between points in the
US utilizing the services of owner-operators. American Trans-Freight, LLC
purchased Cheetah Transportation in 2001. In July 2004 GreatWide Logistics
Services (formally Transport Industries Holdings) acquired American Trans-Freight,
a major non-asset-based truckload capacity provider based in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
Cheetah's mission is to provide safe, dependable and economical transportation
services in order to meet the dynamic needs and wants of our customers in the
markets we serve. Our employees, agents and independent contractors are committed